Note: IncrediMail is unable to create a Data Transfer file larger than two gigabytes (Gb). If your IncrediMail data (email messages and contacts) contains more than two gigabytes, please delete unnecessary email or email containing large attachments.
Saving your IncrediMail files and settings:
1) In the IncrediMail main window, click the ‘File’ menu (marked in red), scroll down to ‘Data and Settings Transfer’ (marked in blue) and select ‘Transfer to New Computer’ (marked in green).
Note: IncrediMail content, such as Letters, Animations, Notifiers and Skins, are not saved.
2) The ‘Data Settings Transfer’ dialog opens. Click ‘Continue’ (marked in red) to begin the process.
Note: IncrediMail saves the data from all your IncrediMail Identities to one data file. There is no need to repeat the process for each IncrediMail Identity.
3) At this point, the ‘Select data file location’ dialog opens. Select the location you wish to save the data file to (by default, your Desktop) and click ‘Save’ (marked in red).
Note: Please make sure you have enough free disk space on your hard drive to create the data file, with all of your IncrediMail files and settings.
4) At this point, the ‘Creating Data File’ dialog opens and the file creation progress is shown.
5) Once the data file is created, click ‘OK’ (marked in red) to return to IncrediMail.
Note: If you plan to format your computer, please be sure to save the ‘IncrediMail Data.cab’ file to a CD or network drive.
Restoring your IncrediMail files and settings on the other computer:
1) Please make sure that IncrediMail is installed on your new computer. If you need to reinstall IncrediMail.
2) In the IncrediMail main window, click the ‘File’ menu (marked in red), scroll down to ‘Data and Settings Transfer’ (marked in blue) and select ‘Transfer from Old Computer’ (marked in green).
3) At this point, the ‘IncrediMail Xe’ dialog opens. Click ‘OK’ (marked in red) to continue with the data and settings import process.
4) Browse to the location of your IncrediMail Data.cab file, select it and click ‘Open’ (marked in red).
5) At this point, IncrediMail warns you that restoring the IncrediMail data erases any existing data and settings. Make sure that you are restoring the correct data and click ‘OK’ (marked in red).
6) At this point, the ‘Restoring from Data File’ dialog opens and IncrediMail begins restoring your original data.
7) Click ‘OK’ (marked in red) to restart IncrediMail and complete the data restore process.
8) Your original IncrediMail data is now restored and you can continue using your IncrediMail program.